Zipie’s Copywriter is responsible for writing creative, engaging copy for clients across a variety of industries. The Copywriter touches nearly every job that goes through our agency, from researching industries to developing concepts to crafting copy for projects large and small. The Copywriter works closely with Graphic Designers as well as our Digital, Social, and Account teams to ensure that every word that goes out our door is right.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Quickly craft clean copy—from headlines and supporting text to long-form blogs and articles—that meets the needs of the project.
- Proofread final art proofs, reports, proposals, even emails (if the occasion calls for it).
- Collaborate with Creative, Digital, Social, and Account teams to develop project concepts.
- Write all sorts of things: social posts, blogs, articles, ads (print and digital), billboards, email campaigns, press releases, talking points, messaging, broadcast/radio scripts, taglines, proposals, boxes, cards, and anything else that uses words.
- Research clients, industries, and business problems to develop a strong understanding of each project and determine how to meet the needs of each brand’s audience.
- Understand and work fluently within each client’s voice, speaking to each audience individually.
- Actively correct and push back against jargon, acronyms, and any sort of unclear communication.
- Ask a lot of questions, including the questions others won’t think to ask.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least two years of marketing copywriting experience, preferably in an agency setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Mind-boggling writing skills, both short- and long-form.
- Exceptional ability to write in the proper tone, feeling, sentence structure, and emotion.
- Ability to balance both an incredible attention to detail with a big-picture view of projects and problems.
- Strong, creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written (obviously) and verbal.
- Self-starter who is at home with all forms of media: broadcast/digital/social/print.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people at all levels within the company.
- Be nice, even under stress.
- Cover letter (mandatory)
- Work samples showing your range, creativity, and writing chops (mandatory)