Social Media Manager
Zipie is looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to provide outstanding content, creativity and strategy to our social media clients. The Social Media Manager plans, develops, executes and reports on comprehensive social media strategies for each of our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for the management of all social channel activities including budgeting, ad placement and content generation on behalf of Zipie’s clients across various platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube and more.
The Social Media Manager understands our clients’ needs and objectives, the audience’s needs and objectives and the connection between, to ensure that all social strategies fit with the clients’ overall branding, tone, marketing, budgetary and business goals.
The Social Media Manager partners with the Interactive and Creative teams to develop content and media and communicates clearly with the Interactive and Account team throughout the duration of all campaigns. As a result outstanding communication skills are required.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing budgets and advertising, developing high-quality content, with an immaculate attention to detail, and a dedication to combining social marketing strategy with tactics to deliver on strategic business objectives.
This is a management position with at least one direct report. This position reports to the Interactive Marketing Director/Marketing Director.
The Social Media Manager will oversee Zipie and client social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day social media activities including:
- Create, distribute and obtain approval for strategic content calendars and manage appropriately throughout the month, consistently planning at least 1 – 3 months in advance and accommodating client updates when received
- Develop timely and engaging content that is appropriate for the platform and customized for each client to reach fans and customers
- Create, manage and maintain paid social media advertising campaigns including budgeting and ad placement
- Create, manage and maintain new marketing campaigns, promotions, sales events, and contesting on social media
- Provide outstanding community management and act as a customer service intermediary for clients and their brands
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns moving forward
- Engage the whole team in brainstorming sessions and be ready to move those ideas forward on behalf of the client
- Engage in daily social media monitoring, listening and responding
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy; and continually look for opportunities to expand Zipie’s social media offerings
- Research client industries and competitors
- Engage in client-facing conversations related to social media strategy, management and results
- Use social media listening and scheduling tools including Sprout Social, Buffer, Hootsuite, etc.
- Attend client sponsored events, as needed, to run live social media updates on behalf of Zipie outside of standard hours (usually no more than 1-2 / month)
- Miscellaneous tasks as requested by upper management and supporting staff
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years managing professional social media accounts with large communities
- Familiarity with all social media channels and their audiences with ability to manage multiple social accounts
- Experience managing and reporting on large-scale paid social media advertising campaigns
- Experience with Community Management, Scheduling & Listening tools
- Available to work nonstandard hours when necessary
- Excellent time and project management skills with a clear understanding of priorities to ensure all initiatives are seen to completion
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and a sense of ownership and accountability
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proofreading and grammar skills
- Exhibit good judgment and sound decision making
- Must have an ability to think outside-the-box and create from the ground-up
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related discipline